Our crew of skilled plasterers can handle repairs or new construction, with standard or artisan finishes.
Plastering is the process of applying a mixture of plaster and water to interior walls or ceilings, creating a smooth, even surface, that is beautiful and highly functional.
While traditional plastering gave way to modern drywall installation around the time of World War II and after, plaster has been making a comeback of late. Why? Plaster has a beautful charm that drywall just can’t match, and it is more durable too.
Plaster is even more versatile nowadays. While we still use tradition cement-based plaster on many jobs, there are other options that can be better suited, depending on the situation. We will assess your job and recommend the best option.
It’s important to remember that plastering is a craft. Doing a plastering job well requires skill and experience. If you choose plaster for your home or commercial building, make sure you work with experienced professionals — like Eugene Plastering!
Five reasons to choose plaster
- Appearance: Plastering can transform rough, uneven walls or ceilings into smooth surfaces, polished or textured, giving them a modern, refined look.
- Durability: Plaster is very hard and durable. It is much less susceptible than drywall to dents, scratches, gouges, and punctures. Applied properly, plaster is strong and long-lasting. It resists cracks and moisture, and is more fire resistant than other wall coverings. It is great for high-traffic areas or places that need to stand up to kids and pets.
- Quiet: Plaster walls are more soundproof than other wall coverings, making your space more comfortable and peaceful.
- Property value: Plaster walls are a premium feature in a home. With a finer aesthetic and more durability, they are appealing to buyers or renters.
- Style: Plaster can be customized to suit your personal tastes, with a range of finishes, colors and textures, your walls will have a warm, handcrafted appeal that is not easily accomplished with drywall.
We can also add a top-notch artisan finish to your plastering job, for an even more special touch. Learn more about: